Tuesday, April 13, 2010

for Friendship

live simply - love generously - care deeply - speak kindly ORIGINAL ART 10x10

I'm running quite late this morning as I stayed way past my bedtime- on a school night- meeting up with my college roommate. We hadn't seen each other in 11 years but it was just like old times. It's funny how (ideally), spending your first chunk of time away from home, and realizing you're not the smarty-pants you thought you were, with another person from whom you are quite different, can create lasting bonds. J transferred from our college after the first semester, but I treasured our times together.

In celebration of friendship, here are a few pieces of art on the topic. Isn't it amazing the diversity and availability of art?



"Happy Hour II"  Girlfriends Sisters Beach Ocean daily oil painting -- Heidi Malott

Loren Grey via Art Post Gallery

Go call up an old friend!

-Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment