Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another City by The Bay (trip to Maryland's Eastern Shore)

We're headed up to Maryland's Eastern Shore this weekend to visit Mr. Southern's parents. I love going up there- it is such a relaxing getaway. And having grown up for a good chunk of my life in Maryland- I definitely feel a sense of pride in the Chesapeake Bay.



Appropriately, my latest Vineyard Vines catalog arrived yesterday and the entire catalog, I believe, was shot along the Eastern shore.  One of their stops was St. Michaels- just over the bridge from Tilghman Island (where we'll be staying).  
.  


St. Michaels, in addition to beautiful bay views, offers lots of great shopping and dining options. I hope to offer you more photos over the weekend!  


Photo via Fine Art America- Brendan Reals



Meanwhile, this will be our view in the morning, out of the back of the house- with hopefully a brighter sky.  And minus the Shallop of course (boat on the left).  The Shallop and its crew stopped by 2 years ago to retrace Captain John Smith's 1608 expedition.



Have a beautiful day!

-Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment