Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brick by Brick

In the South, we have a lot of brick (ok, yes I know, there is a lot of brick up north too...).  Mr. Southern and I joke that our backyard is really a brick-making factory and those who try to garden in clay soil know just what I'm talking about.  But the brick that I love is the interior wall brick.  One of my favorite experiences is entering a restaurant, for example, seeing great windows along the left side of the wall, but walking deep into the building with a warm brick wall along the right (or vice versa).  
wisteria interior
 Wisteria in Atlanta

I love the versatility of brick, too.  Brick can be....


Romantic


Isn't that chandalier amazing!!!??


Country Living - designer Hillary Wallace

European Country
<p>Unconventional Storage Solutions</p>

Transitional Contemporary

via Cococozy


via HGTV

Modern
Modern Living Room Photo by tandemracer

modern pop art living room


Painted
via Life in a Venti Cup (via Desire to Inspire)

how-to-paint-a-brick-wall


White-washed

6-13-whitewashed-brick-wall.jpg
Apartment Therapy


or even Faux
photo
Designer Showhose, St. Petersburg Times


I tried not to select too many blatant loft pictures simply because that is so obvious with brick! But I have to share a few... beginning with my old loft (need to scan some better pictures!) and its "upgrade."

Here it is when I lived there.
Pardon the terrible photos.  I was trying to capture the velvet drapes I had just sewn. They are really a deep purple/brown.  

And here it is redone (below).  Sadly, it has been repainted and no longer houses that bright orange accents (not my selection... but I loved it) or the pale green painted brick (that was my selection, and I like it much better than the burgandy). 


But the upgraded appliances would have been nice!!

A quickie look at a few other lofts... I can't end with the redo of my own.
 Riverplace condos sc




Ian Marshall Atlanta Real Estate


Real Estate listing- South Carolina


Birmingham News- Living

-Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment