Friday, November 20, 2009

Urban Garden- Alto Rex Lounge


Hello! I've missed you all and apologize for my lack of posts and comments on your wonderful blogs! I ended up quite sick and then was traveling with my boss all week.

While the South is getting colder, we do have a few warm snaps, which make dining out all the more fun. I posted on Alto Rex before and Mr. Southern and I made it back for our anniversary, so I got the chance to take photos for you. It's funny- when I was researching my first post in May, there was very little buzz on the place. Now, 6 months later, lots of buzz!
IMG_0600 by kamikarin.
Stairwell leading up to AltoRex, Kamikarin Flickr

The restaurant downstairs, Pacci, and AltoRex, were designed by San Francisco-based Puccini Group. Here's an idea- if you want a cool hotel, find one with a restaurant designed by this team.

We asked them to turn on the natural-gas powered fire pits and whoomph- instant warmth.

The "logs" are actually pieces of metal, which look pretty cool in and of themselves without the fire going. Riverrock and lava rock cover (I assume) the natural gas pipes.



There are lots of little seating areas- all featuring big pops of green.


Underneath the arbor here is a waterfall wall and little tables.



A closer shot of the waterfall wall. I love the mix of materials used here. Warmth of the wood, cold stone walls...


Great use of topi
aries here to disguise (or at least downplay) the vents.



More seating near the back, including little cabanas. Note all the green!!


I love how they incorporated grass through the tile design.



Adore the Chippendale bench.



I think this is a great idea to liven up a blank wall.

In case of bad weather, cozy up to the bar- again great mix of materials and the grassy-walled idea is copied here (but with faux grass).

Hope everyone is doing well- can't wait to catch up!!

-Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment