Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunshine Blooms

We've gone for a spell without rain so yesterday afternoon I visited my various flower beds to give some water. My first Dahlia has bloomed! I am so excited. As I mentioned yesterday, photography is not my forte (yet!), but I hope that these photos bring you a little joy.


Is it just me or is this flower very reminiscent of a sunburst?


Speaking of sunbursts, I arrived today in Ft. Lauderdale. While I have quite a bit of work to do throughout South Florida, I'm hoping to make some time to visit to Gumbo Limbo on Friday. And of course, a few runs on the beach.



Mr. Southern does not yet share my same appreciation of Florida.... but he'll come around eventually after I show him a few of my discovered treasures. There are few other states that offer such diversity. But I love South Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment