Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shopping Temptations... and my only "organization" post

Banner Ad
Vineyard Vines

Along with my newfound commitment to champagne, I've decided that another resolution I should make is to stop buying things on sale. Yep, this is from the same gal whining about spending too much unnecessarily a few weeks ago. But I've realized that just seeing things on sales gets my pulse accelerating and I get giddy... and then just stupid.

Neiman Marcus

I love shopping... and when I see something for 40% off (or more), I convince myself to buy way more than I really need. Or even want. And then I end up with a bunch of fabulous buys that just hang in the closet.



The ones that really get me are the no returns (hello, JCrew). Great deals but what if the item doesn't fit? On the plus side, I have made some very lovely charitable donations to my local Goodwill or women's shelter. (And just in case, we photograph every single item we donate. I'm not kidding- Mr. Southern makes me do it).







Folder_1JCrew

For what it's worth, here's how I pare down my closet collection in an attempt to achieve some sort of glorious look like this:

***Please note- this is NOT my closet- I WISH! This is from The Container Store.***

Wooden hangers from The Container Store. I buy the Premium or Basic Walnut hangers- but not too many of them (at $3.99 - $11.99 a pop they aren't cheap). If I truly love something, I have no problem justifying hanging it on a beautiful dark wood hanger. If I'm on the fence and feel that the item could remain on the plastic hanger...or that another item may be more deserving of the pretty hanger... well, that item should go.

I'm sure you have much more sophisticated advice out there, but this has worked fabulously for me.

Now... how to decide which sale to capitalize on... kidding. How about you- are you shopping these sales? May I "live" vicariously through your purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment