Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shutze Part III: The Final Installment

Last and final post on Shutze- I hope you have been enjoying these as much as I have.  And may I just say that I am absolutely over the moon by my "anonymous" poster yesterday regarding my bit on her Pink Palace!

Today, we're back to ownership opportunities- and at a slightly more affordable level (well, sort-of).  This home I completely missed, so thank you again to Things That Inspire for pointing it out.  The house is located at 3124 East Pine Valley Road and is on the market for $1.6M, already down $350k from the original asking price.  (Side note: original poster of the home's listing misspelled Philip so the search didn't work as well).  

Anywho, I didn't find much history on the house.  TTI informed me that the house is a "real fixer-upper." Though I think I pay too much in income taxes (no political message here, just my personal opinion), I still cannot fathom (nor manage) spending a cool 1 1/2 mil on a home that needs fixing up.  But there are several of them available near this home for those of you who are interested!  

Several of the rooms certainly seem a bit dated compared with several of the other properties we've looked at.  But the garden/outdoor area is still fabulous.  I think that fantastic yards are required in this neighborhood.  And look at the super-cute shed out back! 









All photos from real estate listing

If you, like me, can't yet swing an entire Philip Shutze house, you can own a part of one by purchasing a condo at The Villa.  Thanks to Terry, the Architecture Tourist, for pointing this out. I wasn't going to include the building initially, but after looking at the images, I decided I must.  In love with the Italianate exterior.  I did not see any properties available now, but you can put your name on a waiting list should one come up for sale or for lease. 

After viewing a few of the outdoor photos, I wondered if I could negotiate a deal for part-time residency if I did gardening work there, but alas, a large landscaping project is already underway.  












I just love these tile floors in the Lobby with light streaming in from both sides.


I admit that I am not "wowed" by the interiors of the upper floors...
 

But the ground-level apartment definitely appeals to me (and would be more practical with the dogs, too...if they were even allowed? That would be a deal breaker).
>
Love the bright and airy bath, though sad there is no claw foot tub here.



And check out this kitchen!  J'adore! I may have found my storage solution for flour/sugar/etc- love the jars.



That wraps it up!  Have an inspiring day!

--Emmie

No comments:

Post a Comment